Thursday, January 03, 2008

YP Top 10

Wow, the Christmas season really affects the frequency of blog posts. Recently, I've been wrapped up in the holiday meanderings that surround youth ministry, so I thought I'd share with you the top 10 reasons why being a youth pastor is the best job ever:

10. Free tickets to see awesome bands and speakers or to go skiing
9. Watching God change the lives of kids over a long amount of time
8. Getting to come into the office at 11 AM if I want to
7. Learning about parenting before ever becoming a parent
6. Being able to work from home occassionally
5. Tapping into the passion of teenagers and seeing them change the world
4. Receiving lots of Christmas cards
3. It's OK to wear jeans and a t-shirt to work
2. Working with a team of people who love teenagers
1. On a daily basis asking, "They pay me to do this?"

No comments: