This week is spring break for Dare Co. So, what does that mean? All the locals leave the beach, and all the tourists (some call them tour-ons, as in, rhyming with morons) have taken over. Sadly, I no longer get a spring break. I miss school! But it does mean that I have gotten to spend the week dog sitting. If only my camera wasn't in the shop, I'd post some pictures! Nonetheless, meet my furry friends:
Buddy Love: Named after Eddie Murphy's slim "Nutty Professor" alter ego, breed - Bichon, age - youngish, he's still got lots of puppy in him. Favorite pastime: running figure-8's around my coffee table and chair. Special concerns: he's allergic to soy, he can't eat normal dog food. "Pet" peeves: being left in laundry room alone at night.
Joe Black: Named after Brad Pitt's character in "Meet Joe Black", breed - shitzu, age - umm, middle aged? Favorite pastime: tug-o-war and sniffing every plant on the side of the road. Special concerns: he's scared of flushing toilets! "Pet" peeves: Buddy's attempts at wrestling when Joe is tired.
I've find it oddly coincidental that both dogs are named after 90's movie characters, and the dogs belong to different owners. It's been an adventurous week! I'm pretty sure this experience has convinced me not to get a dog for awhile (or perhaps just not two at a time). At the same time, though, they've reminded me to think of "the other" before myself as Christ taught. When you live alone, it's easy to forget!
Saturday, April 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment