Thursday, September 21, 2006

One Month



As of today, I have been living on the OBX for one month, so I celebrated by finally going to the beach (well, just for an hour!). I thought some of you might like to see some pictures of my house. No, the house doesn't come with the mini-van or my Grandma. My front yard is mainly rock and sand which is both a pleasure and a pain for mowing (since it's hard to push through sand). The other picture is of my living room.

Even though people keep asking me if I'm "gettin' settled in" (I get that question at least three times a week), Kitty Hawk and Duck feel more like home now. At a middle school football game yesterday, I ran into about 15 youth and parents from church. I guess the small town feel isn't too bad after all. It's a lot easier to have a ministry of presence when most of the youth go to the same school!

2 comments:

John said...

Are you right on the beach? If so, I am so jealous!

Amy said...

No, I'm not directly on the beach. You can see the sound (the body of water separating the mainland from the barrier islands) from my house). The beach is only a few miles away. I at least see the ocean and the sound every day when I drive to work which is nice.